buying prenatal insurance with GD

Has anyone applied for AIA mum2baby insurance with pre conditions of GD? Any rejections or loading involved?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

GD usually will be diagnosed from 28 weeks onwards. My agent told me AIA mum2baby insurance can only be bought between 13 - 28 weeks. Unfortunately if you are diagnosed with diabetes at any time, it’s auto rejection already.. even if my 20 weeks scan shows everything is developing well =(

4y ago

Best to wait for delivery and hope baby is all healthy, then get insurance for him/her after that I guess.. but if you have AIA Health Shield (hospitalization plan) for more than 6 months already, and if you need to give birth due to complications (touch wood), your AIA hospitalization plan can cover the hospital stay up up to certain amount.. depending on how high of a coverage you took with AIA..

AIAMUM2BABY can be applied as early as wk13. If u intend to get any maternity insurance, it's better to get yourself insured as early as possible, best before any further diagnosis comes in later pregnancy. How many weeks are u now?

No, don’t think maternity insurance is worthwhile as premiums are high and low coverage. If have GD, should be very hard to get coverage and may get rejected outright as the possibility of claim is higher.

I’ve not applied but I heard that they would reject. Though can try to appeal through your agent maybe. Esp if later reviews are more favourable. Application period I heard is extended till week 36.

GE, NTUC, Manulife also rejected, personal exp. Buy before GD was diagnosed!!

4y ago

Can still apply until they reject then no need to pay premium, simple

VIP Member

Mine got rejected after diagnosed with GD

4y ago

Yes can buy after baby is born :)

VIP Member

Straight reject