Has anyone got their house wired who leaves their baby with a nanny alone?? Does it really help?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In between my switching of jobs, I opted not to send my baby to daycare and instead kept a nanny for him. And because I kept worrying the whole day about how she would be keeping the baby at home, I installed CCTV at home. Trust, if there's no support system where you can feel your baby is as safe as he will be with you, having CCTV's in the house is mandatory. During the period when I was working, I could see how she was handling the baby and whether she was feeding him on time or not. But, yes, I had informed the nanny that we have CCTV at home, so that she doesn't even think of doing something untoward. In her case, she was a very nice woman, I did not want her to feel betrayed, and wanted to tell that everything that happens in the home is being monitored.

Read more

I have been wrestling with this decision for weeks now and I'm still undecided. So far I'm leaning towards not, because my sister pointed out that putting a cctv in will mean I will see each and every tiny mistake and it will just drive me insane and I'll end up firing each new nanny I hire. On the other hand, it depends on your lifestyle as well. If you're out the whole day, it's good to have a cctv for your comfort.

Read more

It is good to install a cctv at home to monitor your nanny and baby. Also, make sure that you install a few areas in the house that can see nanny handling your kid, e.g. living room, baby's sleeping room, kitchen and etc. You should inform your nanny about the installation of the cctv and explain the purpose of the installation so to avoid misunderstanding between you and nanny, e.g. you are not trusting her.

Read more

thanks