FTM meltdown

Had a number of meltdowns due to the changes of having a newborn esp the cries and the lack of sleep. Please share your emotional ad physical experiences when you had or are having a newborn at home. Appreciate some advices too thank you~

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You are definitely not alone. Many ftms are usually overwhelmed in the first month. Especially when you have to handle the baby and also take care of your own recovery. I was a sahm for 9 months and it definitely wasn’t easy. I did had some help but I was more keen on being the hands on mom as I couldn’t get along well with my in laws. It took a toll on me because I was struggling to handle baby all my myself but at the same time I felt like I couldn’t do it. I was physically tired and mentally drained all the time. But trust me, at the end of the day, it’s all worth it. My baby is 19m now and when I looked back, I’m glad I have been through it all. Although I would definitely suggest getting some help if you can beacuse your mental health is really impt. I’m just glad that I was strong enough to push through. Once you learn of babies cues, you will get the hang of it. I feel routines are impt, such as feeding, sleeping time etc. It helps you when your baby keeps to a routine and you know when he/she is gonna wake up etc. Sorry it’s such a long post but I hope that helps! Hang in there, mummy! 💪🏻

Read more