Swollen butt after birth

Had a natural birth 5 days ago with stitches. My butt (near the anus) feels so swollen after birth. It's so painful that I can't even sit and walk properly. When will it get better? This is so horrible that I'm just crying everyday :(

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hang in there! I witnessed my wife go through this pain as well. Some improvement only 2 weeks later took at least a good month or so to sit normally again.. Keep taking the pain killers as prescribed. It helped her immensely. She also sat leaning on one side (like mermaid style? If it helps visualise) and kept switching sides. Not easy but jiayou mummy!

Read more
4y ago

Thank you for sharing!!

VIP Member

I feel you. I went through something similar. It took me close to 6 weeks to recover. 1) Eat your painkillers 2) Try to lie down and not put weight on the area or sit on a float or soft cushion. 3) Keep the wound/stitches clean. 4) Wash with water and use a perineal antiseptic spray after using the loo

Read more
4y ago

Thanks for the tips and advices!! I'll try them out!

VIP Member

I had a second degree tear from delivery and wasn't able to walk properly for the first 2 weeks. I felt depressed when I was not able to lift my baby due to the weight for this period. It is sure get better, hang in there! Try limiting movements and ask for help

4y ago

Thank you for sharing your experience!!

You will get better, I had a third degree and felt the same for the 1st week. Eat the painkillers and get the sofy cooling sanitary pads, it works. If it is unbearable, use more than 1 maternity pad to get that extra cushioning.

4y ago

Thank you for the tips! 🙆🏻‍♀️

Super Mum

Please take your painkillers round the clock so that you’re not suffering. The swelling will definitely be there. Gets better after 2-3 weeks if you don’t strain and aggravate it. Take care, dear... this is temporary, okay?

4y ago

Thank you! Feels better knowing that I'm not alone in this!

Hey, Your body will heal in 2 to 3 weeks of time. I know it is tough but please try to have more patience and you will be fine. Keep taking pain killers as recommended by doctor

4y ago

Thank you!! I'll have more patience!

It will get better after 2 to 3 weeks, depending on your body healing speed.

4y ago

Thanks for sharing!

it will get better...give your body some time to heal..

4y ago

Thank you~