Pregnancy envy

Had 2 miscarriages within 6 months. Even though my husband and close friends stayed by my side, I still feel very lonely at times. It feels like a dark hole that just keep sucking me in. I know some use work to distract themselves but I am the opposite - I have no motivation to work at all and just want to quit and take a break 😅 Pardon my random rant…but I have a gf who always complain about her pregnancy (her 2nd now). From morning sickness to food aversion to heartburn to the ‘ever growing bump that’s getting in her way’. Seriously I 🙄🙄🙄 everytime I see her posts, I got really triggered until I had to mute her account. I really hope she will realise how blessed she is and be more considerate to other ttc ladies. I feel like a crazy selfish bitch sometimes😪 but honestly I can no longer treat her/this friendship like how things used to be anymore. Any advice to help me overcome this🥺

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m so sorry for your losses. Thank you for sharing your experience, your actions are absolutely valid. Its so hard!!!! Losses are not uncommon but yet it’s never talked about, making the experience so isolating. I had a loss last year and a friend close to me got pregnant this year. Abit sian cause I passed her all my ovulation kits before my loss last year lol!! I couldn’t listen to her complains about pregnancy and preparation for birth/baby. It really sucks that no one can understand the pain of loss unless they have been through it. So people tend to underestimate the mental toll. Thankfully it was all on text so I kept my msges very short and congratulatory. It was easier to keep my emotions in check on text lol I also told her and other friends that I am taking a break from physical meetups so won’t be meeting anyone for awhile. I only meet up with people I am safe with. Another friend of mine also had a loss last year and she’s taking a looong no pay leave from work since then to focus on her mental health and physical recovery. Be kind to yourself!!! Take care!! ❤️❤️❤️

Read more

Firstly, my sincere condolence for your loss and may you recover soon. Reading your post if the need to take a break, go ahead to do it. Speak with your spouse and let your spouse know about it. Express your feelings. Secondly, what you did was right. Mute the account. You have every right to feel that way at times. Not everyone is sensitive towards TTC ladies. Ill be honest that I do have friends who suffered miscarriage and also stillbirth. So, whenever I post something, ill hide it from them or if they comment on my post, ill be sure to apologise, ill let them know their time will come and ill always be around (of course, you know as muslim to pray to Almighty for the well being of my own friends) On the other hand, you may also send "little hint" like post on ws or ig or fb pertaining TTC. Not that I am encouraging you but sometimes people dont get it. They expect everyone to feel happy, share the good news together without realising that silently someone is feeling hurt. Maybe perhaps they will get that little hint and be more considerate with you. Hope this helps ❤️

Read more
12mo ago

Thank u for lending your listening ear 🥺 u are so sweet and thoughtful towards your friends. ❤️

Sorry to hear your losses but don’t be discouraged as hope is always there if you persevere. I had miscarriage in 2019 and only managed to conceive in 2022 too. Had numerous IUI and eventually succeeded in IVF. There are so many bumpy rides throughout the years but as long as we tried , there will always be hope. I also was very sensitive when my friends talked about kids topic during meetup until I kinda distanced myself away even for years. It takes time to heal for sure and u r definitely normal !!! Wishing you all the best for your next try and your dream will definitely come true ☺️

Read more
12mo ago

Thanks Melody for sharing your experience too. Enjoy ur motherhood!😊

What u're feeling is totally normal. If u think taking a break helps, go ahead! do something that u like, try to get your mind off the unhappy stuff. Being able to conceive twice within 6 months means u're still (very..a good thing) fertile. it's just unfortunate that life like to throw curveballs at us. yucks! I'm not sure if your friend is aware of your situation, it's fine to filter out things that affect your mood. self-care is important. keep your spirits up for a rainbow baby!

Read more
12mo ago

totally agree with the comment above.

hey dear, you are doing fine, i lost 2 babies as well and 3rd one is on its way! you will have to move on, dont dwell too long into sadness which will eat you up and its not good for your mental wellbeing. Just put yourself first and get better, love yourself more! You need to be well and need more energy for your third upcoming! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼😘😘😘

Read more
12mo ago

Thank u Germaine🙆🏻‍♀️ Yes I will focus on getting myself better next

don't be jealous of your friend. some people have been through worst than you. at least you are still fertile and just keep on trying. don't give up don't compare yourself with others.

12mo ago

Thanks for your reply, Heidi. You said not to compare myself to others and there are people who have been through the worse than me. But aren’t you the one comparing me to others😅 What makes you think and say that my journey is ‘easier’ compared to others though? I acknowledge that everyone has own struggles and we all cope with grief differently. I am not jealous of my friend but more like hoping/expecting her to be more tactful with her words and considerate towards my feelings, for the fact that she is my friend and is very well aware of my loss.

Hi dear! I had 2 miscarriages within 1 year timeframe and then I went to see TCM and now my baby is 5 weeks old! Don’t give up!

12mo ago

Thank youuu. Congrats on your 🌈baby🥰 wishing u a smooth and safe pregnancy!