HL during 2nd / 3rd trimester

Hi all, can you guys please share if you are given HL during 2nd or 3rd trim when u ask for it? My friend said his wife got one week hl during every check up, the gynae will ask if the wife needs to rest, then afterwards will give her hl. So easy?? But i have read some comment saying if ur pregnancy not complicated then likely wont be given hl. I am currently seeing gynae at tmc he only ask me if i need mc on the day i see him 😂😅

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, be it subsidy or private not all will give HL unless you get those that understand you well or by chance they ask you why you need it esp towards 3rd tri. Rarely they will give during 2nd tri. Most of my check up they will ask if need MC. The only time I get HL was when I admitted and two weeks long.

Read more

Nope. My Gynae won’t give me HL even when I was nearly my EDD as I wasn’t admitted. All he can do was give mc for 3 days to rest. But I also got friends whose private Gynaes gave them HL for 3 weeks to rest!

My gynae will always ask if i need MC throughout my pregnancy but offered HL when i was in my third tri, and also wrote a note for me to wfh if possible

I guess it depends on your occupation. And your body tolerance too.

no, my gynae say will only be able to give HL 1 month before edd