Hospitalisation Leave

Hello everyone, for those moms who’ve took HL, can I check what did you tell your gynae to get them? Also at which week did you ask for it? If you’re working from home, does HL applies? Afraid that my boss will ask me to continue working from home with HL. TIA! #firstbaby #pregnancy

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dr gave me HL for 1 week in week 9 and another week in week 11 cos I had persistent spotting and terrible nausea. I simply asked for it cos the nature of my work requires me to be out and about so the HL will ensure I get a enough rest. My boss did ask me to dial in for some meetings to which I just replied no promises cos my meds make me drowsy. Hopefully u have a screen grab if ur boss request so u have evidence to show to HR / MOM if it gets ugly

Read more

Just talk to your gynae on why you need HL. Most of them are quite understanding especially if you're nearing the 3rd trimester. Most of my friends gynae insist to provide HL for the mummies so they can rest 😄 HL is the same concept as ML, MC, AL. Your employer have no right to ask you to wfh still. What's the point in getting HL if they still insist for you to still work. Alternatively you can enquire with MOM as well.

Read more

By right HL given shouldnt even come to work.. I was given HL for 1 month at 33 weeks cause my leg was swelling pretty badly then I can't even fit my slippers/sandals, high protein in my urine and blood pressure was very high.. Recommended was bedrest, just nice after my HL ends i gave birth to my girl.. Hopefully all is okay for you and your gynae will grant you HL ..

Read more

staff on hospitalisation leave or medical leave is not suppose to work at all.. not even half day if given full day due to the work injury all those.. but if wfh is another story, both parties agreement.. but then HL means you need bed rest, so wfh shouldn't even suppose to happen if got HL..

Dr gave me HL in week 6 to 8, due to excessive bleedings even after hormones jab + daily high dosage hormones pills. Dr gave me 13days HL to rest. Depends on u, I ended up cab to n fro from work, but didnt use the HL. I undergone ovarian cysts removal in Jan22, already took 1month HL.

Read more

I had water retention on my legs and they were swollen. Given HL from week 34 as gynae wanted me to rest as much as possible. Perhaps, you could tell your situation and your distress to your gynae. Hopefully, your gynae would grant HL for you. Best of luck!

Yes. HL applies to everything even if you are working from home. My gynae gave me 1 month of HL before my expected delivery date. So in total, I had 1 month of HL and 3 month of MTL. Shiok! But now I’m back to work. Booo boooring haha

2y ago

Ah hahaha! Did you ask for you HL in advance? Like during 30th week ask for HL for 36th to 40th week? Or did you go in nearing 36th week then your gynae gave?

I had my HL when I'm on 16weeks. i already used up my MC due to c+ and i was having terrible morning sickness..I just told my gynae that I need to rest and work is too overwhelming as I'm pregnant with twins...I was given 30days HL...

1y ago

Which hospital and gynae?

Your boss have no right to ask you to wfm if you’re on HL. Same concept if you’re on ML

it depends on ur medical condition and work condition too. why can’t wfh?