Government versus private hospital, which one will you choose and why? Most of my friends chose private over government hospital to deliver their baby. Can anyone enlighten me on the reasons?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I delivered in Thomson Medical Center, because I had an antenatal package with the clinic that I was having my pregnancy checkups with - it was a sub branch of TMC in my area. Didn't regret either because it's not that much extra over government hospitals (I had a normal vaginal delivery, gas relief, no epidural, free upgrade by my gynae from 4 to 2 bedded) and hence it was so much more reassuring - like most other mums, I've heard and read many horror stories of delivering government hospitals, even though the likelihood of them happening to me is little. I was a young single mum (delivered when I was 19 years old) so I was really afraid of being judged/mistreated by the nurses because of my age and circumstances but they were really friendly and supportive! Well, I also enjoyed the attention, air-conditioning and great food so it felt more of a mini vacation for me - the nurses were also very helpful after the delivery too.

Read more