Is it good to take my 9month old baby to take movie theatre??

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can of course, but I would not recommend it dear. At this age, your baby is still too young and sensitive to the high amount of sounds that will be there in the theater. Even the visuals will be too loud on her eyes. Not to forget that with so many people around in an enclosed space, the chances of catching an infection are always high, as babies have very low immunity. It is also possible that your baby will be very uncomfortable in the theater, and will not like to sit in one place. If possible, leave your baby at home with elders, or if not, skip the movie for now. If you absolutely must, maybe you can plan it with your friends and your partner can plan with friends separately for now.

Read more

If you don't have any choice of leaving the baby back at home then you can take her along. But make sure you have baby ear plugs so that she isn't directly exposed to such loud sound in the theatre. Also, if you think your baby would let you sit through the entire movie then it is cool, else if he turns cranky and irritable during long sittings and new environment then I suggest do not spoil atleast other people's movie time. :) Unmarried people, movie buffs and in all, whoever do not have babies really tend to get angry if babies cry in the halls, as why the parents got the baby to a movie in the very first place. Been there, done that and also been there and felt that. ;)

Read more

of course you can, but if possible avoid it. a movie theater is full of loads of people, many of them may have some cold or cough, and can end up passing the germs to your little one. not just that, the loud noise and the very bright lights in the movie screen may not be the perfect setting for a 9 month old. it can cause a lot of strain on the small eyes and ears. also, you may end up pacifying your baby and miss a lot of the movie...

Read more

Yes, you can take your baby to movie theatre. But, personally I won't recommend it. The movies are loud, especially for a little baby. Also, it will be dark and hard to keep your baby entertained and they could get fussy. However, you know your child better than anyone. Will you be able to keep him quiet and seated for two and half hours? If yes, then go... otherwise wait till the movie comes out on DVD.

Read more