Is it a good idea to take a 6-year-old for trekking?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If the chosen trail is not strenuous and you are well prepared, trekking could be a great activity for kids. Or you could consider a simple nature hike instead. Have all of your child's favourite foods and drinks, head out hiking for a while, have ample breaks in between and maybe a picnic at the very end. Make sure weather is not too hot and be ready to administer first aid in case your child has a minor boo boo along the way. My brothers and I used to go on nature hikes with my dad all the time when we were kids. It was fun and tiring but we all got an ice cream treat after :)

Read more

yes, my elder one went for her first trek when she was 6 and absolutely loved it :) she has gone for many more ever since, even though she is not really an outdoor person. do make sure that the trekking route is safe and okay for kids to go to. if it is too strenous, your kid may get put off from the concept of trekking. also, take your kid for trekking when the weather is favourable, not too hot or rainy or humid. have fun and take care :)

Read more