Is it a good idea to swaddle the baby during these hot summer days? I think my 3 month old baby feels suffocated and hot! Pls suggest

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

swaddling a 3 month old is a good way to make the baby sleep comfortably, and is also known to help in baby's growth. however, it should not be done by making the baby uncomfortable. i would suggest that if possible, place your baby in an AC room so that you can swaddle the baby and also avoid any sweating. if your baby feels hot and gets heated up in the cloth, it can definitely affect health.

Read more

You're the best judge of your child's comfort. Trust your instincts! If you feel she's suffocated and hot, you should definitely get her out of the swaddle. We ourselves get uncomfortable during these hot and humid days. Imagine the inconvenience of a child who cannot even express how hot she feels!

Yes, you can still swaddle your baby in summers as it will let him sleep for long. But use light clothes, or swaddle him with just a nappy. You can use muslin wraps, they are ideal for summers. Please go through this link below. https://www.thesleepstore.com.au/content/faq/summerswaddlinginfo

Now that summers are here, I do not think there is any need to swaddle. If you keeping the AC on, then set the temperature that is perfect for your baby. Also, if you are swaddling then be alert and keep an eye on the baby as the this is the age when maximum chances of SIDS occur.

For me we swaddle the baby when he sleep and usually it's in air con room. And baby temperature are very different from us , they prefer warm cosy place instead of cold. But still with your own instinct , if it's too hot then try to open up a little .

If you did not on the AC during the day, then i would not recommend you to swaddle. If you NEED to swaddle, dress bb light and use a thin muslin cloth to swaddle baby.

VIP Member

I will swaddle mainly during night time as the AC is on.