Do you give water to your baby when she has hiccup ? My baby is 3 mo, and in laws keep telling me to give water whenever they are around while PD said its normal for NB to have hiccup till they are 4mo..

105 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Old generation will give or suggest to give some water below 6 month old babe. ... but doctor did advise babe below 6 no need to give water. breastmilk will do.

You can put a small little of sugar on Ur finger Nd put on baby tongue that will also help with hiccup I used it for my kids just dip Ur finger in the sugar

It's normal, they will outgrow it. My baby had constant hiccups after birth ( like 10 times a day) and gradually disappeared until her 5-6 month.

The hiccup will go away on its own. If you are worried you can always give alittle milk. If you are breast feeding just let baby latch on for awhile.

Yes, give water them. No problem. My boy having hiccup my mum also give water them. Some time listen to old people is good you can learn many things.

I do give my son, becos I feel it painful for him , sometimes it even makes he's chest move up and down and it worries me he is jus 2months & 21days

wag po mommy. c baby ko ganyan din po everytime after magburp.. after 10 mins.po nawawala nman po kusa. minsan po after 5 mins. nawawala din po..

VIP Member

When I am breastfeeding I don’t. But if I am using FM den I will let LO to take some water. Drink water does not mean “water parade” 🤭

I don't. Hiccups are normal. They will go away after a few mins. I only started giving a little water to baby after feeding solids at 6months.

VIP Member

If my baby has hiccup I will just breastfed him and the hiccup will stop because it is not advisable to give baby water around that age.

5y ago

I agree with you