My girl has very bad eczema on her cheeks. Brought her to Pd, using mild steroid cream twice daily and moisturizing her many times a day. Making sure she's dress lightly, bathing her in organic soap etc. Her eczema on her arms, legs and body are already controlled and getting better, but those on her face are harder to control. She's always rubbing her face on my shirt when I carry her or on the mattress when she's on her tummy and it got so sore now that its slightly oozing. What other ways can I make her eczema less itchy so she wouldn't rub her face?

Post image
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i know it sounds crazy, but taking my bubs to the pool helps tremendously. I visited dr hugo van beaver at NUH and he recommended swimming and it really worked wonderfully! Swimming can start at three months, just have to dip in the pool for awhile to let the cholrine work its way. Do patch test to see if her skin works well before dipping her in is recommended. I know putting steroids is scary but the dr has been one of the better ones I've visited so far, and trust me i visited a lot and they are all disappointing. They were not able to answer my questions, just pushing me to apply steroids. Dr hugo van beaver took 2 hours and explained to me and convinced me that i should apply steroids to calm the infections down. I've been in your shoes, its really a tough decision to apply steroid or not, but eventually I gave in, whether or not its for the best, I know at the moment my bubs is a much happier baby compared to the nightmares I had previously. Moogoo also help my bubs a lot, perhaps at the meantime try not to babywear till the infections calm down.

Read more

Hey dear, my lo has eczema too. May i know what steriod he prescribed? Also, i did a skin prick test for my boy. You can try that too, i did it at the kkh childs clinic sometime back. You may want to call them up. Well i immediately knew what cause the allergic reaction. Mine was due to eggs, both egg white and egg yolked. Also what moisturizer did he suggest? Through my experience, you need to keep switching till you find the right cream and steriod. I agree with samantha, emu oil is great. Also extra virgin pressed coconut oil is good too. It can get a little stinky for me, so i add in a drip or 2 of lavender oil. Overall, cheap and good. As i need to ensure that the oil gets absorbed into the skin. If his skin is really dry and if the cream Or oil is good, you will be able to feel it absorbing into the skin.

Read more
8y ago

hydrocortisone cream.. I'm using cetaphil restoraderm moisturiser and physiogel ai cream.

Hi, to counter itch, you may check with your PD if she can take an antihistamine such as Zrytec or Clarityn. (There are children's version of them). However, do note that long term use of antihistamine isn't good. My toddler also has eczema since nb, I gave her LactoGG (a probiotic), and Oliva Forte, which is olive juice extract that is supposed to be high in antioxidant. Both can be found in pharmacy like Watson, Guardian or Unity. http://www.olivaforte.com/products-0 The problem with eczema is that what works for one may not work for another, you really need to trial and error to find out which cream or supplement etc would suit your child. Good luck!

Read more

Hi i use Naif cream- they can be found online, just google. Naif was brought in by a father after he tried all sorts of brands for his child nappie rash and it works quite well for my little one. Another brand you could try is moo goo- heard quite good reviews. Agree that each child may differ on their response to treatment.. hope this helps!

Read more

Hi fellow mommies, I met an experienced nanny who told me to try breast milk on any rashes and eczema. Before meeting this lady I never would have thought to use BM. My LO was newborn then so BM was easy to obtain. So maybe if you can obtain BM, give it a try?

8y ago

i tbf my LO, tried.. didn't work too well for her.

My lo taking Zyrtec and one more I forget the name and I also use organic shampoo for lo but pd advise me to change as she said that organic doesn't mean is good for lo who got eczema, so she prescribe me ceradan wash instead

VIP Member

Have you tried Emu oil? I use emu oil and it's great for eczema. It's all natural so don't have to worry about putting too much too. Just google Emuse (the brand of the oil) and you can purchase it online.

Thanks all for your replies.. May sound crazy but I applied bitter gourd juice the other day (some old grandmother shared to my mom) and it helped quite a bit.

We are in 16 months of Topical Steroids Withdrawal. Please seek natural treatments.

Try using physiogel cream for eczema

8y ago

I'm using that since she's 3 mth old. Effective but not on her face.