Hi My girl is 2 years old and i intend to give her fresh milk. Which freshmilk would you recommend? Should i go for Full cream,low fat or non fat milk? Should i give it cold from fridge or leave it outside let it on room temp before serving my child? Thank You

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

After 1yo, milk is just a supplement and not the main source of nutrients :) If you'd like to continue giving milk, please go for full cream AND pasteurized fresh milk! They do not need to have any low/non fat food now. As for serving it, you can either serve it cold or warm the bottle up in a cup of warm water first (like breast milk) - do not boil the milk!

Read more

I think it's ok to give them any kind of freshmilk as long as it's pasteurised and not expired. Meiji fresh milk is ok, have been giving my kid and she loves it. If your child prefers it warm, you can also heat it up, it also helps to kill any extra bacteria.

I give my 17 months old Pauls, Greensfield or Farmshouse. The 100% fresh milk and not UHT. I allow my girl to enjoy it cold during noon time when the weather is the hottest but morning and night, I warm it to room temperature before serving it to her.

7y ago

Warm up To room temp meaning leave it at room Temp?

Fresh milk full cream. Kids do not need low fat or non fat. Go with brands such as pauls, farm house, organic valley or greenfields. If possible give warm. Pour into bottle and warm it up before serving.

I started with Meiji milk. I always used to boil the milk before I serve them. I would suggest to give whole milk to toddlers.

I've been giving my girl Farmhouse full cream fresh milk too. I would heat it up in microwave first before serving.

do check the ingredients too. some are milk solids and some are 100% fresh milk

Super Mum

I give my son Meiji and chilled milk not too cold.

Full cream milk is fine. Any brand is fine too!

VIP Member

I give full cream, can be served warm or cold