Do you generally give in if your kids nag you for something repeatedly? How do you handle it?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I do not give in. And I wouldn't take the credit that my parenting ideas work, but it is solely because my child gives in. When I say no repeatedly and tell her that I would buy the particular thing at such and such time or whatever reason, she understands. You can distract the kid if he is adamant on something. Tell him that he is does something that you want him to, like, you will see for a month if he eats well, they you are going to get him what he wants. You can tell hi that mamma is really going to become sad if he continues to behave in a particular way. Give him example that if I behave in a way that you do, would he like it. Give him time to think and analyse his behaviour. Take him to a nearby place where you can sit for a while and talk to him over an ice-cream. https://www.empoweringparents.com/article/4-things-not-to-do-when-your-young-child-has-a-tantrum/ https://www.empoweringparents.com/article/stopping-a-temper-tantrum-in-its-tracks-what-to-do-when-kids-lose-it/

Read more

No, i try for as long as possible to not give in. I generally don't use the word 'no' as i've seen that when i do so, my toddler also copies the same. instead, i try to reason and distract from the issue. of course sometimes i give in too, but i hold on to my word in most of the cases.

No. I will try my best not to give in. I will explain it. And if I do give in it totally depends on the situation. Otherwise he usually accepts it. On days that he throws a fit, I'll ignore him. And after all a while he knows that I stood my ground.

VIP Member

I will not give in. The moment you give in, the child will know that they will be able to have their way when they continue with the nagging. You have to stand firm on your ground. After awhile, they will know what you meant when you said NO.

Read more

Try to ignore all the way... They will eventually understand that no means no.