how do you manage your own temper along with the temper of your growing child? i don't yell generally but sometimes it gets difficult to handle a growing stubborn child. mine is 10

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It seems a difficult question. As my child is still 5 and I myself face anger issues. And after many a times yelling at her and later on feeling guilty and extremely bad about my behaviour, I thought of a solution. I have told my daughter that whenever mamma losses her temper, you must stop mamma there and then and remind me how bad I later on feel when I yell at you. Secondly, when such a moment arises when I start losing my temper, I get away from that room and conversation, and let my child be. We try to diffuse the situation by either she passing a smile in the middle of everything or me. (this happens rare. ;)) You can check this link for more. https://www.empoweringparents.com/article/calm-parenting-how-to-get-control-when-your-child-is-making-you-angry/

Read more

i have a growing child too and yes, this is one difficult situation. though it doesn't happen a lot, i do lose my temper. but instead of yelling or shouting (which of course makes me feel bad later), i take a break and tell my child that we'll talk about it in a while. i take time to clear my head by going for a quick walk, or reading or listening to music, or even drinking a cup of tea on my balcony - anything to calm me down. she too reads or plays in the meanwhile. when we get back to talking, it usually is more meaningful as the anger disappears :)

Read more

it is so hard to avoid scolding and yieling but you need that to discipline the child , I couldnt agree more ,