Breastfeeding Guilt

Gave birth last week via e-csect, and I am one of the lucky ones blessed with a good supply, and have been exclusively latching baby since birth. I know I should be thankful (and I still am) that my milk supply is adequate for my baby, but I cant help but feel so so so tired and so so so angry everytime it’s time to feed. My incision wound also still hurts so I have to rely on someone else to help bring the baby snd swaddle/burp the baby after. This schedule causes great distress to me and whoever is doing “night shift” with me. Even though its been only a week Im considering just giving up breastfeeding and just giving formula. But with everyone saying how good breastmilk is, Im stuck in a dilemma- should i still breastfeed at the expense of my own mental/physical health or give baby formula for my convenience? Any advice? No hate please… I’m just really tired… Thanks.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, you dont hv to feel guilty at all, we must do the best we can but also hv to take into consideration your mental and physical health. Yes breastmilk is good but so is formula. You try your best for another few days if you still feel very tired than just give formula. Remember your child needs a happy and healthy mother no point stressing over breastmilk. My daughter was on formula from birth, she's doing fine and rarely falls sick.❤

Read more
3y ago

Agree with this 👍 Please take good care of yourself mummy. Perhaps you can try mixed feeding first, let your baby drink formula milk at night so you can get a better rest. I didn't have much milk supply and I wanted to get a good rest so I also gave my baby formula milk since birth. Don't feel guilty, do what is best for you and your baby. Jiayou! 🙂