Breastfeeding Guilt

Gave birth last week via e-csect, and I am one of the lucky ones blessed with a good supply, and have been exclusively latching baby since birth. I know I should be thankful (and I still am) that my milk supply is adequate for my baby, but I cant help but feel so so so tired and so so so angry everytime it’s time to feed. My incision wound also still hurts so I have to rely on someone else to help bring the baby snd swaddle/burp the baby after. This schedule causes great distress to me and whoever is doing “night shift” with me. Even though its been only a week Im considering just giving up breastfeeding and just giving formula. But with everyone saying how good breastmilk is, Im stuck in a dilemma- should i still breastfeed at the expense of my own mental/physical health or give baby formula for my convenience? Any advice? No hate please… I’m just really tired… Thanks.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am also a c sect mum but doesn't have alot of supply like you. However i was having sore nipples and everytime i bf baby i felt so stressed until my bp elevated and my gyane ask me to stop bf and pump instead. I been doing mixed feed from the start so perhaps you want to bf baby during the day and formula at night? Just focus on pumping at night will do so it's easier for whoever is taking night shift with you. They can focus on feeding n burping baby while you focus on pumping.

Read more