FTWM who is still latching your LO beyond 1 year, do you still pump at work or just latch when you go back? If you stop pumping at work, does your milk supply drop?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My target in bf her was to reach the 1 yo mark. Since I managed to achieve that, I started giving LO fm as well. Since I also intend to stop bf soon, I stopped pumping at work, so the supply indeed drops, I try to DL her less when I get home. recently she is down w flu, she doesn't really drink much, so instead of giving her fm, i let her dl as much as possible. the supply increased quite a bit. hope this piece of info helps. but you must understand that it differs from mommy to mommy, body to body.

Read more

You can just latch when you are with her. Supply will def drop a little. But the supply is still there as she is latching at night. you can offer her freshmilk or FM in the daytime while you are away at work.

VIP Member

you can try to offer her fresh milk via straw bottle first. Im second born totally rejected bottle TILL NOW. so i just gave milk in straw bottles.

VIP Member

if you stopped pumping at work, your supply will def drop as the demand isn't there. How often are you pumping at work?

7y ago

only pumping once at work. I want to stop pumping but she doesn't wanna take bottle. so I scared if supply drop then she has nothing to drink when I latch her. I guess I will continue pumping then. thanks mummy.

Please do not stop pumping. If you do your supply will definitely drop.