Pregnancy bag

FTM here... and is almost 8 months pregnant already. Everyday still thinking what should I be preparing for my pregnancy bag to bring to the hospital. Kindly share what is the more essential items to bring along and what to prepare for confinement use as well. Thank you!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For Mummy nature birth Admission Document - most important. Nipple cream- u can get those small sample pack as first-time latch might have skin tear Pump- if you want LC teach you how to use or maybe start pumping for ur LO if you dont want to wake up mid night to latch and doesnt want to use FM.( Fyi you dont really need to bring FM hospital have those ready to feed one but it will be added to your bill) one set of clothes for discharge day. Slipper or just wear the slipper when you check in hospital Skin care / face wash/ toiletries Disposable mask if you want to walk around or your husband can use as well Overnight pad - hospital provided but their pad quite thick so i prefer bring my own 42 cm pad. i also bring the cooling one, It helps for the first 2 days, but if not, you can ask the hospital, but it will be charged. you can also consider those overnight panties as well. Cable ,power bank- the usual stuff Baby Mittern - as they might sctrach their face Sock- hospital aircon quite cold One set of Clothes and swaddle for check out day Daddy Daily clothes and maybe one jacket / socks as the room can be very cold since mummy might have hot flush Toiletries can be shared with mummy except toothbrush

Read more

Not sure where you’re giving birth at but here’s mine. TMC single bedder, natural birth. (Bring binder if going for Csect) MUMMY - Comb - Skincare - 1x Kotex overnight panties for discharge - Charger, physical IC (not sure if needed but bring) - Breast pump (if you need LC to teach you how to use) - I wore back what I wore when I admitted. Thru out I wore hospital gown and wear nursing bra when I have visitors. BABY - Nothing. I wore back hospital’s full outfit. DADDY - Change of clothings for 1-2 nights (depending on natural or Csect) - Wallet, charger, skincare. - Past check up invoices to claim MMP.

Read more

Tips: bring light! I recently gave birth @ kkh. Disposable panties & pads provided, towel also provided. Pink book & IC Slipper * Socks * abdominal binder (csect) * Extra face mask * Charger & powerbank * Toiletries (if private, provided) * gg home outfit For baby: Going home outfit * short sleeved onesie * Boots & mittens * Cap * Swaddle

Read more
3mo ago

I dont think theres any charges

For me, usually the hospital will provide everything. Just bring your maternity pad, your own binder if you have any. Or maybe u can purchase it from the hospital. -lesson learntt, don't overpack!

TapFluencer

I gave birth at Mt A, I just brought myself, phone, charger, admissiondocuments & overnight panties.. a going home romper for baby .. remove my gel mani & pedi too .. that's about all..

Read more
4mo ago

hello Mommy, yes I stayed in single ward. there is towels.. but toiletries I forgotten as my husband brought his own .. haa.. nothing much equip for the hubs .

If c sec, you will need compression socks if you have. If not hosp will provide tgt w binder

I am interested to know as well! And what to get to even prepare at home!

4mo ago

One standby tin of formula cos milk doesn’t come straight away

Oh and don’t wear jewellery

google it.