My five-year-old just asked me- Mummy , can two girls marry each other? How am I supposed to respond to this question?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my kid has also asked me the same, and she asked me this about a man and man, as well as a woman and woman scenario. to be honest, i was very truthful to her about the entire LGQBT thing. as your kid is 5, you can explain that getting married is all about being with someone you have a lot of fun with, such as a really good friend. that you have to love that person and care for that person and that person can do the same for you as well. once your kid is a little older, say around 8ish, you can explain about other gender preferences as well, such as transvestites, queers and such. i have already explained the same to my 9 year old, and it helps to make them emotionally more sensible and open and be loving and caring humans overall.

Read more
8y ago

you can explain that getting married is all about being with someone you have a lot of fun with, such as a really good friend. that you have to love that person and care for that person and that person can do the same for you as well. -> Not sure what you going to say when your kids get friendzone in the future =x