First trimester will shortness of breath ?

47 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, there is a possibility. "In the first trimester, increased levels of progesterone may make breathing a bit difficult at times as your body adjusts to new hormonal levels. In the third trimester, your lungs and diaphragm suffer a space crunch as your uterus expands upward, making it harder to take a deep breath." quoting from http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/aches-pains/pregnancy-shortness-of-breath/. I think try to take things slower. Try not to rush things. Do deep breathing exercises whenever you feel that you are getting short of breath. It will get better don't worry.

Read more

I too have but I observed the reason. It is usually after walking even though it was not too much of walking still. May be due to mask. Second reason overeating. My normal diet has reduced now and I eat less portions. But there are few occasions when just because I like something I overeat that's the time I start feeling shortness of breath as my new changes in body are not accepting my previous diet and habits 😉

Read more

i also experience that..so difficult to. breath during pregnancy. But I also supect this is due to diabetes. whenever I feel my blood sugar is in a high level then that's when I have difficulty in breathing.

I had that too! I couldn't walk for long and felt very weak and sleepy all the time.

yes, i do have difficulties breathing sometimes during my first trimester. Walking less & resting more helps:)

Me too. When I brisk walk with mask on. I felt it. But when I walk very slow or lying on bed. I feel normal.

Super common. I’ve to tone down my workouts so much more becoz I’m huffing and puffing with every step.

TapFluencer

I felt it but only when I was walking outdoors for more than 20 mins with mask on.

I am experiencing that too. Thought because I am getting fatter.

yes me too, breathless much faster compared to before pregnancy