When did your baby start to walk?

First time mummy here! My LO is 13 months old, and she still doesn't know how to stand up unsupported. She is able to bring herself up to stand whenever she gripped the sofa. I've seen a lot of babies around her age can start to walk. What do i need to do?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

no worries is up to 18 month , 1 year 6month baby loves to explore, also may I know if your little girl grow her teeth already? mine already grow 8 teeth hahaha that's why she walk ABIT late than other kids .. its normal no need to worry .. they still love to crawl here and there . my little one started her first walk at 12 -13m ! now 14m still walking slow like penguin whenever she walk she will lift one leg higher than the other . before she learnt to walk i try to hold her hands and stand then teach her to walk step by step or place her feet ontop of mine and walk like penguin . trust me your little one is gonna walk soon , my baby also start by pulling herself up from sofa /chair / table .. she is trying to get use to standing /take step by step ..

Read more

Mine started walking at 10 months! Pressured since I’m a therapist 😅 but I started her leg exercises since she was born! She could cruise at 4 months. Getting a kid to cruise along furniture is the first important step as it builds their confidence and courage! Let her cruise on chairs or even push walkers but make sure it’s assisted! They need to build strong leg control and muscles before being able to walk on their own!

Read more
VIP Member

Try encouraging your lo to walk more but with you assisting her/him. My boy started walking 13 months assisted, 14 months slowly without assistance & 15/16 months started to run…. I guess really need to give a lot of support and encouragement! Jia you mummy! :D

Can give some time. My girl could walk properly at 11mo but my friend's girl only started walking properly at around 13-14mo. If you are still concerned, can let doctor do a developmental assessment to get a professional view?

No worries mommy. My girl is going 15 months but still not able to walk by her own confidently. She needs to hold on to chair and push around to walk or either hold something to change to another places.

Mine was 11 months old. Every children walking/standing process differs. It takes time. However sooner, later they will be able to do it on their own.

give her time. my 14 month old can’t do it either, i’m just waiting for him to be ready

My boy able to walk without support at the age of 14 months old.