Induced Labour

Hello, first time mother here. So yesterday evening had my 38 weeks + check up at SGH and doctor has checked that I was around 1 to 2 cm dilated already. Doctor has suggested to do induced labour for me tomorrow which means today as I write this post. This is due to the reason of low fetal movement. After doing heart tracing, heartbeat is all okay, had 3 to 4 contractions in 10 minutes which honestly I didn't knew or felt. That's another reason why doctor wanted to induced because I can't count or feel my contractions. Doctor fear that I might have stillbirth which would then be too late. I want to do natural delivery and seeing the posts about induced being more painful scares me. I am only 24 years old and my husband is also worried but he also thinks its the best for me and our baby cause either way, both can end up on emergency c sect for natural and induced as advised by my gynae. Anyone can share their experience on induced labour and what I should do? Any advises? Doctor eventually told me, it is up to me to decide whether I choose induced or wait it out for natural delivery. I am conflicted and scared. I don't know what to do.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I had epidural for induced birth and it was OK.. prepared for it so not so scary