Empty Gestational Sac at 10 Weeks

This is my first pregnancy. I came for the first scan when I was 8 weeks and the doc mentioned that they couldn't detect anything as it was too small. 2 weeks later I came for the scan again, and the doc seemed confident to say that this pregnancy will be failure due to an empty sac with no visible embryo. The gestational sac shape is also abnormal. I bought a cheap doppler to check for any heartbeat, it is relatively on the low side between 70+ to 90+ BPM which is unusual for a 10 weeks fetus. It was very confusing how I could able to detect a little heartbeat but the sonographer/doc are unable to detect any embryo. Does anyone experiencing anything similar to mine?

Empty Gestational Sac at 10 Weeks
9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

This is likely to be mmc. A missed miscarriage. I did surgery to clear this previously. Hugs. Have to be realistic dear, n acknowledge if this should be viable by now. By 5weeks fetal pole should be visible, n im sure u have googled how big a foetus would be by 8weeks? At 8weeks can clearly see a small lil prawn with flickering heartbeat on ultrasound. Try again after a few cycles, im sure u will have ur bb in near future.

Read more
3y ago

It took me quite while to try again, as i did mini confinement n i embarked on a year long journey of Tcm, acupuncture. These were to prep myself for iui.