Do you get seats on public transport?

Hi fellow mums, I’m in 18 weeks+, there’s slight baby bump but still not obvious.. while on public transport, I’m ok to stand for short distance travel. However, when need to take long distances, change bus and MRT, it’s start to get alittle tired. And my back is starting to hurt recently, headache at times too.. we can’t always take grab/taxi also, it’s too expensive.. what’s your experiences? Do you really go up to the person and ask them to offer seat to u?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I dont really ask for a seat. However, if my bump is obvious Ill definitely get seat. While I do get people telling me off to give seat but once I stand up, it is obvious I get the seat more right? ? I do offer seat to kids or elderly if I am dropping next station or short distance. I have also stand for pretty long till someone notice that I need a seat because I am pregnant. Knowing the culture, the people of public transport it is obvious that not 100% people would offer seat, people would rush for seat, people would give up their seat. So far I had no bad experience except one but I brush it off. I do get some people pretty scared to ask if I am pregnant because it can be offending if you are not and just fat? Get what I mean? Some commuters do get scolded for this sensitive question.

Read more