When were you brave enough to take public with your baby alone

At which month were you brave enough to go out with your baby alone by public transport , without any 3rd person? Ill be going back and forth to my mum’s (both same estate) everyday and would need to take bus. But my baby is only 1.5months and i still carry him by hand as he hate carrier. Instead of taxi everyday (💸💸), i feel like want to try to take bus one day see how it goes but im so scared my baby would cry murder outside or worst, in the bus, and i wont know what to do.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO used to love it when go out in stroller cuz she will sleep. But she prefer carrier now so i would prefer to take train so if my LO woke up and starting to cry. I cn just alight and feed milk, atleast its airconditioned. Ill standby a bottle of ready made milk before i leave the house everytime. Then she will either fall aslp aftr drinking or ill sway and put her to sleep while carrying on my journey. But on instances i had to take bus, i wll drop from the bus if i cnt calm her down. I dont like those stares. To say more confident is 2months onwards

Read more

3 months onwards and using baby carrier. im not confident enough to use stroller or hand-carry 🥲 maybe you can try taking bus for few bus stops and see if your baby will cry or not. it takes awhile for them to adjust to new environment! and better if you can try go for a walk around your neighbourhood and put your baby in baby carrier, let your baby get use to it so it will be easier for you travel alone. can try konnybaby carrier! i used that when my baby just 5 days old till 3 months. hehe goodluck mama!

Read more

trains are easier, I bring both carrier and stroller which doubles up as storage. when baby starts fussing, the carrier comes out! First trip solo was 2+ month.

3mo when she started being able to stay in carrier. Before that is stroller so I don’t have confident to handle stroller alone.

TapFluencer

3mo on...