12 Replies

Yupp it's normal, unfortunately and for some cases, permanent. During pregnancy, there’s a relaxation of the ligaments throughout your whole body as it prepares for childbirth. Changes in hormonal levels are believed to be the cause. Moreover, as weight gain happens during pregnancy, your body puts more strain and stress on your feet, which can cause the joints to widen, thus increasing your shoe size. My petite bestie's shoe size went from 38 to 41

And most of the time, the expansion is permanent

I went up 2 shoes size after giving birth! All my old shoes cannot wear anymore. My feet also seems much wider than before and alot of those narrow shoes all cannot wear. I wonder if having really swollen feet due to water retention during pregnancy led to this...

It's permanent for me and my feet grew half a size bigger with each delivery (so with two children my feet grew a size bigger). Nay to bigger feet but yay to new shoes haha

It's really normal. It could be just bloated, you gotta give your body sometime to readjust back to your normal self. Your tummy also need time same like your feet.

Yup for my first kid I have Super swollen feet that I grew two sizes and can only wear slip ons but once after pregnancy your feet will get back to normal

This is normal. As any foot spreading caused by looser ligaments is permanent. My shoe size went up half a size after having babies!

Yes this is normal. It will expand after birth usually and now I am 1 size bigger. We have excuse to go for shopping! (:

mine was 1 size too big for around 5 months after giving birth... B4 it returns to my normal size...

it happen to me. sad that my feet expanded 2 sizes up after birth.

Yes! My shoes are now supertight, have to get new ones

Related Questions

Related Articles