Advice for first time mummy

Hi mummies. Im currently 19 weeks 2 days preg and full time housewife. Im staying w my parents. Im quite concern w the environment dat im living in. My dad love to smoke inside the house and he is the type of person who is very difficult to deal and communicate with. VERY STUBBORN. Im actually quite worried w my baby and also my health. Sometimes i will accidentally smell the smoke and worst still, i had to hold my breath just to make sure i dont smell any of them. Most of the time i will be staying inside my room and i only go out when my father asleep or having his nap. I had 4 mnths left to endure this till my due date. Anyone can recommend me if there is such thing call to trap smoke air whenever my dad smoke? Im getting sensitive day by day and i wanna be positive and have a smooth healthy pregnancy 😭oh ya and not to forget my dad is a heavy smoker. He smoke every minute and every hr. #Feelingsodepressed #ineedbetterair

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same prob with my dad. I always wondered how my mom cld put up with him. She has chronic asthma cz of him. And I have asthma too, worsened during pregnancy thanks to him and aggravated by my work tt requires me to stand and walk alot (pri sch teacher). I stayed over at my parents on most wkdays cz my sch is near theirs and went bck to my own hse on wkends. So my husband bought me 2 air purifiers for my room and the living room. It does help to reduce the smoky smell. You may want to try buying one for yourelf.

Read more

My parents are smokers, my husband and in fact I too but I quit the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I delivered my baby, I told everyone not to smoke when the baby is around. I was really firm with them because my baby is a premature and I hate to think if anything were to happen. I stay on my own though but when I go over to my parents, they will smoke far away at the kitchen window. My husband baths and smoke in the common toilet so the smell is only there. 5 mths already and glad everyone still listens.

Read more

can invest in air purifier in your room and stay in room as much as you can. Of cos the best is if you can move away from your dad…but if it not possible then air purifier plus wear mask inside your house when you need to go common areas?

1. Rent a house 2. Talk things out for the sake of ur child 3. Just stay in ur room and buy air purifier? I guess it somehow will helps to purify ur room air 4. Tell ur spouse about ur concern Sorry if its not helping much..

Read more

I have been heading to my parents plc weekly and in fact my dad is also a heavy smoker. So when im there he will just smoke n my sis will ask me go further away and hide in other rooms..

is renting a place outside for the time being an option for u?