Do fathers really need to be in the delivery room during the birth of their children?

148 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You certainly dont need to be in the delivery room, but as it takes 2 to tango (you had the easy bit! and she may want some moral support) and in its most basic form this is the most natural and wonderous thing the human race can do you may massively regret it at a later date

depends. my hubby gets nervous fast so i told him not to go inside and good thing hospital is not allowing anyone to enter delivery room. they just took the pictures for us. but it will be great if hubby is there to support mommy while giving birth. priceless moment.

my husband is allowed inside the delivery room pero i preffered na sa labas sya, mahina ang loob nga pag nasasaktan ako nag papanic na agad sya.. CS pa naman ako nun 😂 depende yan sayo or sa husband mo momsh. my ibang hospital na allowed si hubby sa loob

VIP Member

of course! She needs your support to have courage, giving birth is like stepping one foot on your grave. It's never easy, so we need to be cheered up, we need our partners to earn strength and faith. So please cheer her up be there by her side.

Not necessarily, but most fathers want to be with the moms while laboring.. sometimes kasi they can be of help sa mga moms. Minsan naman nagpapabebe yung ibang moms kaya hindi makaire ng maayos, yung iba pinapalabas.. yun yung sabi ng OB ko. Hahahaha.

Not really. See if ur Wife needs ur support though..... heard that sometimes the Husband gets turned off after seeing delivery and refuse to touch the Wife after that.... so if ur afraid of blood and all maybe can discuss with Wife.

No, biologically, the baby can come out without the father being present in the delivery room :) However, some women prefer to have their husbands around during delivery, especially if they can have a calming effect on the mother.

I think its best that dads are in the birthing room with the moms.. It may not be to all but for me its very important to be there at that time for many reasons....as a soon to be father, I know I would be..

Depend on which hospital your wife delivering babies. Some hospital allowing the husband to be inside, some don't. Don't feel hesititate on asking. My answer is yes. You can give her moral support.

Lolx... i askex my hub if he wans to be in there with me. He cant answer. But now i go via c sect GA, which does not give him the option to be inside with me. I can see that he is relieved.. 😂