Will fat baby become fat next time too? How to groom my girl to have good figure ? Any tips?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

healthy is really best. sometimes when we carry some sort of expectations or hopes towards our children (eg. hope that they wld b goodlooking or have good figure), we subconsciously bring forth that expectation in our manner and communication with our kids, shaping their thinking and unconsciously teaching them that they have to conform to certain societal beliefs on beauty. there is the danger that such beliefs put pressure on impressonable children & teens. thats one of the reason why we see younger n younger children having issues like bulimia, anorexia etc. i once heard an 8 yr old girl say that she is on a diet as she is fat. she was only slightly fleshy. sadly her mom did not say anything to correct her view.. Societal influences are already vry hard to fend off. let us as parents not impose such views on our children, whether consciously or unconsciously. my view is best not to 'groom' children into having a good figure... teach them about living a healthy lifestyle instead.

Read more

fat is stored by body for the level of energy she will consume. don't overfeed to the point of bursting. don't fret about dieting from now. teach her to eat smart. introduction to all forms of food will help. if u teach her to reach for comfort food then she will always do that. instd if u introduce her to basic wholesome foods like raw veggies fruits beans curd rice dal sheera poha, etc it will go well in the long run

Read more

My little gal had thunderous drumstick legs last time. She was so round from face to body, totally like a ball. Hub and I were worried that she will be a fat gal but we didn't have fat genes in both our family. She grew taller but still round. She didn't eat a lot but still have that baby fats. Thankfully at the age of 5, she has grown taller, slimmer and losing her baby fats. So nothing to be afraid of.

Read more

Babies will lose their "baby weight" as they grow older. But it is also important to ensure that a healthy diet and active lifestyle is maintained to prevent the child from being overweight or go through childhood obesity. This is also important when a girl reaches puberty, with hormones in play, best to keep a healthy diet during that time too.

Read more
VIP Member

Like the rest say, most important is healthy! I cut down on fries and sweet. Won't give unnecessary. Usually these are the one that are fattening. Instead of thigh, i give breast. I tried to use less oil, will use Air Fryer instead of using lots of oil and deep fry. Eating healthy will not go overweight easier. So just eat healthy :)

Read more

My kids were all very chubby when baby but they slow down on weight gain by 1yo (bf baby) and 2yo (fm baby). Main thing is you need to teach your child good eating habits and eat healthily. Also reduce drinking milk from bottles by 2 yo. :)

Usually they will lose the baby fat when they become more active and crawl or walk. Don't need to groom her to have good figure and give her unnecessary stress.

my niece use to sumo but after she rch the age of 1 she slowly slim down no more putting on..