Will fat baby become fat next time too? How to groom my girl to have good figure ? Any tips?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

healthy is really best. sometimes when we carry some sort of expectations or hopes towards our children (eg. hope that they wld b goodlooking or have good figure), we subconsciously bring forth that expectation in our manner and communication with our kids, shaping their thinking and unconsciously teaching them that they have to conform to certain societal beliefs on beauty. there is the danger that such beliefs put pressure on impressonable children & teens. thats one of the reason why we see younger n younger children having issues like bulimia, anorexia etc. i once heard an 8 yr old girl say that she is on a diet as she is fat. she was only slightly fleshy. sadly her mom did not say anything to correct her view.. Societal influences are already vry hard to fend off. let us as parents not impose such views on our children, whether consciously or unconsciously. my view is best not to 'groom' children into having a good figure... teach them about living a healthy lifestyle instead.

Read more