Hi Everyone, Recently my little one who is 9mths old been having problem with sleeping. Everyday I try to put her to sleep at 9plus-10plus. Her last nap time will be around 5-6pm. I know she is tired because she is rubbing her eyes. But the biggest challenge is when I try to put her to sleep. She will cry, scream and fight with me. Good days she will just resist for maybe 5-10mins bad like today was for 1.5hrs and she still doesn't wan to sleep. I tried forcing her but there is not use at all. It's seems like she doesn't wan to sleep because she wants to play yet she is super tired. I'm so tired and heart pain to her like this. Some times she cries so badly that I just stop trying to put her to sleep and she ends up sleeping around 11pm-12am which is not good for her. Anyone has suggestion? Super desperate tired mom.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi there!! :) A baby's natural sleep cycle starts from 630-8pm. So it will be better to bring the night sleep time earlier because their bodies will naturally get tired and they will be more sleepy at this timing. If you miss this timing, your baby will be overtired hence she's resisting the sleep. Because your baby now sleeps 9-10pm, should try to slowly make the bedtime earlier. Try to make bedtime at 8pm first. That means the last nap should end by 530pm. Also make sure there's ample nap during daytime. Especially the noon nap because this is the most important nap - restorative nap. Sleep begets sleep. Dont listen to people who stops baby from napping so as to have good night sleep. No such thing. Jiayou!!

Read more