Not even 1 month my milk supply running low

Hey everyone I am pretty bummed out now that I’m only less than a month now and my breastmilk is low. I tried pumping 10mins on each side and 10mins rest and repeat the cycle but i only get 40ml from both breasts for 3 days straight. Any advice i could get to help increase my milk supply? And anyone experience low supply at first but manage to increase it? Thanks in advance

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was struggling with milk supply for 2 mths but managed to feed baby well after that. I DL so I just keep on DL whenever, drink plenty of fluids, don't stress, moringa tea and Milk UP candy helps and massage constantly for blocked ducts. Remember, even nipples itself can clog and sometimes the block ducts is deep in the breast tissue so try to really find and massage.

Read more

I had low supply initially too, trying power pumping at least once a day everyday, also make sure your milk ducts are not blocked and there is no engorgement, if there is, do clear it. Drinks lots of water, for me, bubble tea seems to increase my milk supply alot (take note of the sugar though). I eat oats and drank milk and soy milk too.

Read more
2y ago

oh and I pump for at least 20mins each time. 25mins if I'm not in a rush.

Take fenugreek or other lactation supplements like legendairy brand products. Oats and oat milk do help for my case. Drink loads of water too. And sleep enough! If you’ve done everything and did not manage to have enough rest that’s useless cos your supply and rest is directly proportional

Try direct latching if possible. And make sure you drink at least 3L of water every day. Stressing yourself out also will cause your supply to drop. Try eating durian, avocado etc and maybe you can drink Kurma milk also.

try to pump longer, 15-20mins. how frequently are you pumping per day?

Pump every 3 hours for 30 mins both sides. Dont miss pump