Low breast milk supply

Hi mummies, I’m currently 10 weeks post partum. My breast milk supply is very low only 40ml per 25min pump. I was told by lactation person to pump every 4hrs to maintain long term… I’ve been taking legendary milk supplements since the beginning of breast feeding journey. At 10 weeks, is it possible to increase milk supply? Or my boob really low supply? I’m using spectra dual compact. Could it be the pump? Appreciate advice from fellow mummies 🙏🏻 I really want to increase my milk for my bb! #firsttimemom #firstbaby #firstmom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 11 weeks pp now and initially I also had very little milk supply using spectra dual compact. Somehow when I changed to Spectra S1 the supply went up so I kept to S1 instead of dual compact. I tried some products from 2 Nut Guys and felt the milk and peanut butter helped to boost the supply (but it is a little too expensive to take it continually).

Read more
6mo ago

I’m currently 14 weeks post partum but still 40ml-60ml per pump. I also heard that the S1 is better. I just bought medela hands free I hope it works too…

i am 8 wk pp and also have low supply. i let baby latch as much as possible. i avoid any fenugreek supplement/food as it seems to 'kill' my supply. water intake and rest really does affect supply for me as well.

7mo ago

i dont pump regularly as i dont have help with baby. can only pump at night or when hb is home. usually between 70-100ml from both sides :( not enough to fully breastfeed but better than nothing

I am 10 weeks ppl and am using Medela Freestyle. Maybe you can try to eat oatmeal? I understand it can help with milk supply.

5mo ago

I just bought medela freestyle! I ate oatmeal & drink oat milk too doesn’t help… food doesn’t seem to affect my milk supply. Even during confinement papaya soup doesn’t help much. I’ve been taking legendary milk supplements from beg till now too 🤔

It could be the flange size. If it’s too small or too big, might affect milk supply too. Have you measured?

5mo ago

I think the flange size should be correct cause I bought a few different sizes to try out and see which most comfortable…

Do you have domperidone from gynae? It helps me.

7mo ago

I see. I also taking almond powder drink from mama’s choice, and lactation bakes too. Not saying a lot, but the supply does increase