First trimester bloating

Hi everyone! My wife is in her first trimester and she has been feeling very uncomfortable, keeps burping and feel bloated. Anyone can share what to do to feel better? Another question will be what should she eat for breakfast for first trimester? She eats bread but feels horrible as well

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally normal to feel bloated during the 1st tri. Will normally subside by the end of 1st tri-2nd tri depending on individuals. She should eat even if she feels horrible. The more empty her stomach is, the more horrible she'll feel. Try to drink ginger tea and see if it helps. She can also snack on plain biscuits, peanuts, oats or anything bland that she can digest like plain porridge. Drink milo kosong or fruit juice if she can take it. Avoid raw, ½ cooked foods throughout the whole pregnancy. Hang in there ok! 1st trimester stage will go by quickly. Also remember to rest well

Read more
3y ago

Try eating banana or watermelon. At least these 2 fruits helped me during my morning sickness days.

VIP Member

I had bloating during my first trimester. Currently on second trimester and I still have but not as bad and as frequent. I used to drink ginger tea as well as water boiled with carom seeds. For breakfast I eat bread mostly these days. Sometimes with jam, sometimes with egg, sometimes as french toast. Some other options are oats with nuts, thosai, healthy biscuits, cornflakes. I'm Indian so I have some Indian breakfast too that is light in oil. I make sure to eat a portion of fruit and drink fresh juice as well. I hate regular milk's taste that's why fresh juice.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you Ann 😊

Ask her to drink ginger tea. Or chew on ginger sweet. Ginger will help her relief gas so she won’t feel very bloated. Also invest in a good probiotic supplement to help her digestion. Breakfast I will recommend eggs. Sunny side up (fully cooked yolk), scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, omelette (can fry in ingredients she likes).

Read more
3y ago

thank you, so far banana seems to help.will try ginger sweet as well :)

I felt worst during 1st trim. Can’t eat or drink and feel bloated and nausea. Rem to drink plenty of water or 100 Plus to prevent dehydration. Eat more protein and less carbo to avoid bloating and uneasiness. Oh ya. Fruits like apple kiwi strawberries work for me too.

3y ago

Don’t eat too much bananas as well. Moderate rem. I hope she is feeling better

I feel the same bloatedness. I just had to burp or fart to let my tummy feel better. She can try to eat nestum. Scrambled eggs and toast. Snack on apples and sunflower seeds. Drink more soya milk. 😊

I’m on my Week 5 too! I had Nestum & Hot Milo. On some days, I will try to just eat normally like prata, dosai, etc.

3y ago

thank you! she hates nestum, need to find other food to go with it. thanks for sharing :)