Stress Mum

Hi everyone, i've been going thru stress past few months. been Coping some how but now im due anytime soon. I need some help. my Kitchen Cabinet resently have many small and baby cockroaches till the extend they went to my wardrobe which i have in the Living hall and sometimes at night i will see 1 or 2 crawling into my bedroom and the run super fast when i knock them. Last night when i was going to sleep i saw i on the floor was thinking to kill it or not as my kids and hubby was already sleeping then suddenly i saw it crawling up the bed from the side and stop half way. I quickly rush to kitchen and took a broom to hit on it it died right away and i got so stress that i saw this going up but what if i dont see it it wld have crawl over my kids, Hubby or me or whats so ever. Im giving birth to my 3rd child soon and im worried it will crawl over my baby. Oh yeah i forgot to mention there are few in the storage boxes too which i have place in the hall as i have a small hs 2room flat. What should i do?? Hubby and me did a spring clean of the house 1 month ago spcecially the kitchen Cabinet but they keep coming out at night in the day we dont see them most of the time. kindly help me what should i do. Ive stayed in this unit for 7yrs now and wont be shifting house so soon and never had this issue in my house from past years... Now what should i do??? it really worries me.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I hate hate hate cockcroaches so I can very much empathise with you! This sounds pretty serious, especially if they've spread... I would call in professional help at this point (eg rentokill) and (1) ask them to get rid of the immediate problem - most important!, (2) ask them to identify how/why they came from so you can learn if applicable, (3) ask for preventative advice for moving forward and maybe if there is a troublesome area that needs attention (a grate etc). There is no real cost for peace if mind here. Really good luck on eradicating these creepy crawlies!

Read more
VIP Member

The cockroaches in my house will suddenly appear in clusters for a few days then disappear. few months later appear again. They mostly came from water pipes in our 2 toilets or from the rubbish chute. But we leave them alone. On two occasions, I sat on sofa and saw them move out to the living room area where 2 kids were sleeping on the mattress, but somehow they avoided the humans. So maybe don't have to stress too much about it. I would be more concerned about them getting onto uncovered food

Read more

I hate cockroaches too! Same like the other replies, I think your immediate solution will be to call pest control company. Another thing I did for my home was to deal up the rubbish chute(if its in your house) and throw rubbish downstairs everyday. It helped for me and I haven't seen another since. All rubbish to be cleared everyday for me.

Read more
VIP Member

Hoy Hoy Cockroach traps are good. Meanwhile if you have any leakage problems (could come from your neighbour too), fix them. The moisture attracts roaches. If you have carton boxes (not sure if your storage boxes are those plastic types or not), get rid of them. They trap moisture due to our humidity and attract roaches too.

Read more
VIP Member

Did you know that cockroaches hate the smell of peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree oils? That is because it disrupts and masks the scent trails which cockroaches use to hunt for their food. I bought the essential oils, especially peppermint from iherbs or Qoo10 to spray along the cupboard or bed in the room.

Read more
5y ago

Yes, I infuse Eucalytus oil in all my enclosed cupboards in the toilets & kitchen.

VIP Member

Boxes easily attracted unnecessary pests. Did you buy any moth balls to keep near the boxes to repel them away? Pest control is the best idea, if there is really a lot of cockroaches around. If not get those cockroaches trap to capture as many 1st. U will be surprise to see all sizes in the trap.

Read more
VIP Member

There is this Golden Rooster ants and cockroaches powder pallets selling in NTUC where you leave them in infested area and it will help wipe out the colony. Make sure you place them out of reach from your children.

VIP Member

some say croaches hate the smell of pandan leaves. probably you can try to place some at the rubbish chute area see if it works. Probably can also raise complaint to town council, ask them to clean the rubbish chute.

5y ago

true agree

TapFluencer

Get professional help is still recommended, especially now that you are pressed for time & needed a very thorough clean up. Pest Control Guys are the best persons to go to.

VIP Member

Try this, but u should put it somewhere that your kids won’t touch or see. When u peal 1 portion add abit of sugar on it to attract ants & cockroaches.

Post reply image