Iron Level

Hi everyone, my iron level is still low dispite me eating 2 iron pills per day for about 5months. Iron level don't seems to increase. Any other ways to help to increase iron level?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, you should cook food in cast iron cookware. It helps you to make your food iron-enriched. It helps in increasing iron content in your food by 20 times. Get more info about cast iron cookware https://bit.ly/3s6R2Cb

TapFluencer

How much of an increase do you want to see? Do you have an underlying blood condition like anemia or thalassemia? What does your gynae recommend? Eating more iron doesnt mean your body can absorb the full amount.

4y ago

I have thalassemia, a blood condition. My red blood cell count was only 10.2. But I cannot take a lot of iron because my body cannot absorb. I have been on iron since week 13 till before I gave birth and my red blood count only increased by 1.

Redbean. I always like to drink redbean water not soup without sugar before pregnant Even my gynae shock abt my high level of iron

3y ago

please tell me how do you make redbean water?

Vitamin C helps with iron absorption. You could try eating some fruits I.e. oranges with foods high in iron.

4y ago

Most welcome! :) All the best!

VIP Member

Consume brewed red date water and pork/chicken liver to boost up iron level.

4y ago

Can eat liver during pregnancy?

Eat more red meat and liver to increase iron level.

Eat more dark leafy veggies such as spinach

4y ago

Yap will do that.

VIP Member

eat chicken or pork liver

Super Mum

Liver, red meat, spinach

Eat beef and it's helps