Is it easy to get my baby's passport for the first time? Which branch is the most child-friendly?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I may say getting your child a passport at an early age is very convenient. Basing it from my personal experience, the Megamall branch is clean and spacious, making it very child-friendly. My friend applied for her baby's passport at DFA Megamall Branch. She wanted to finish early, so she went there with her husband and 11-month year old baby at 7:30 in the morning. For babies below 1 year old, you do not need a confirmed appointment with any DFA branches to apply. You will be lined up in the priority lane and will be handed with the form. As soon as the counters open, it will take at least 30 minutes of your time, from payment to picture taking, just make sure you have all the required documents on hand to avoid any delays. You may view the list of the requirements on the link below: http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular-services/passport-information/passport-requirements Hope this helps!

Magbasa pa

It actually depends on your location. If you are based in the metro, you can go to DFA Manila or to its satellite in SM Megamall in Mandaluyong. I've actually read some blogs about moms who have filed their babies' passports in SM Megamall. They say it is spacious enough, well ventilated and the staff including the guards are very friendly. ;)

Magbasa pa

As far as I know, all branches give priority to babies less than 1 year old. I think they let parents with babies in tow skip the long lines.

8y ago

What if my child is already 1yr+ hehehe :D