Glucose test

Hi, during the glucose test I actually vomited out after drinking the bottle of sugar drink that the doctor provided. I tolerated over 40mins and eventually puked so end up I’ve to gave up the test half way. Can I know is there any ways to not puke after drinking the bottle of drink ? It’s really hard to finish it within 5-10 mins afterwards and control myself from puking out......

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi.. i threw up abt 5 mins after i had the glucose solution..felt so disappointed custhe test was invalid and had to come another day to retake it again. Doctor said i can take the anti-vomit medicine first next time round. Not sure how effective that will be :(

As fr me i drank it one shot. After that i try to talk to someone or distract myself like playing game otp and walking arnd.

5y ago

No i dont feel like vomitting. Maybe u cn take a nap or just go online to shop for bby items👶🥰 mayb tt will help. Jia you!💪

I would try to take a nap or talk to my partner or play games. Anything to distract myself

How about try rinsing your mouth straightaway to get rid of the after taste?

What were you given? I thought it's some flavoured sweet tasting liquid?

5y ago

I was given the glucose water , not sure why but after I finish the 300ml of liquid I felt nauseous and eventually vomited out at about 40 mins of waiting

Super Mum

Rinse your mouth? Or talk to your husband to distract yourself?

U can refuse the test, if u'd like actually.

5y ago

Is it not compulsory?