Clingy baby

Due to CNY, we brought 1 month old baby out using Konny carrier (should have used stroller) . Another few days after she got colic n cry so much during evening n we had to carry to hush. And that's where she starts to get used to be carried and hugged Now everyday she cries to be carried so bad, i cant even do anything else. Any mom has experience how to train back? Is letting her cry till no more the only way? I worry she cry too much now still small, is it ok? SOS!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My baby used to be the same as yours, very clingy during her teething period as well as growth spurts and when she had colic. I used to be very worried that she will become very dependent and clingy. But now it’s better, somehow she herself no longer gets so clingy. However when her teething starts again, she will be clingy and fussy. As my mum is the one helping me to look after her as I am working everyday, she trained my baby girl back by putting her in sarong cradle which also gives her an idea that she’s being hugged. When We take care of her by ourselves, we observe her and try to wait for her to stop crying then carry her unless she cry too much, then we will carry her immediately. I do try not to let her cry too much as ‘wind’ will gets in to their body and colic will become worse, as well as at night when she’s sleeping she might cry as well. It happens to my baby girl, whereby in the day she cried too much, at night she also cry while asleep.

Read more
3y ago

yes, and the balance to give baby love and to not let them cling is tough