Any one train baby to slp on their own when they keep fussing to be carried to slp? Mine used to be able to doze off sometimes on his own, but ever since 4 months n bout it sickness which resulted in him being more cranky , we just gave in n carried him more often. I try letting him cry it out but he just scream n shrieked till voice hoarse

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Firstly, it is very normal for babies to be in and out of their routines. We need to constantly adjust accordingly to their needs. Secondly, if you use the cry it out method, what you mentioned is very common. There are babies who cry and vomit. Someone i know fid the cry it out method, her son was 8 months old. The boy cried till he vomited for 45 minutes. However, there is another method you can try its called the ferber method. Then again, personally for my first son i did the ferber method successfully however the minute he fell sick i was back at square 1. Now for my 2nd boy, i let it be naturally. To me, i have only a few years to be with baby and by the time they grow they wont want to be carried, kissed etc... Thats how i motivate myself. 3 or 4 years flies and by then your child will have grown so big that he/she wants to be independent. Take sometime and read the ferber method up. http://www.babysleepsite.com/tag/the-ferber-method-step-by-step/

Read more
7y ago

Hi thanks for sharing , yah I've read of the method u have suggested. Sry for not making myself clear but my cry it out method refers to that unless I didn't get the method right as it states to leave e room while baby is awake n increase the interval between checking n that is when exactly my child will fuss n cry again

After my confinement, i put baby to slp in his own room. Till now. Have to train earlier if u wan him to slp on his own. I use e cry it out method. When baby cries, i dun carry him. When he cries till very jia lat, den i will carry him. He gets used to it very soon. Of cos i hv a monitor to monitor him in his room.

Read more

How old is ur baby now. At 4 th mth he should be experiencing his 4 th mth slp regression, my bb slps well b4 n after his 4 mth regression ... until his 8-10 Mths regression ;(

7y ago

He is 5 months n he went thru sleep regression at 4 months n till now wake up more often in his slp but sleeping well is one thing it's the dozing off on his own I'm tackling now

thanks