Infant care

Just dropped off my going 3 months old baby to infant care the first time. Can’t help but feel upset and sad .. tears flow down when I push the empty stroller back home. Anyone felt this way too? I am going back to work next week so no choice have to put ifc.. I feel I’m a bad mother and am angry at myself for missing out and missing him so badly

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did. On first day, I cant make myself to send him there, so hubby did it. And after lunch I went to pick him up. For first few weeks, I only sent him to ifc 2 to 3 times per weeks and picked him up in the afternoon. Later, the teachers commented that my child was not adapting well (cried during feeding) and suggested I sent him there more often. So for the remaining of my ML, he went ifc daily for mornings only. Until I went back to work, then he started staying there for full day.

Read more
4y ago

How old was he when he started going ifc?

This was me two months ago! Those first few days are tough and personally I think it’s ok to feel those emotions but know you’re making the best choice for your baby. The Infant care will care and love for your baby. Now I can hardly get him to come home, the teachers love him and we know we made the right choice. We had ups and downs of course as they adjusted to him, his personality and patterns. You are a great mom and it will get better with time.

Read more

oh dear, I will give birth soon in Mar & for sure have to put my baby in infant care also since I have no mother & mother in law to help. ahhh I actually feeling the guilt already but no choice... have to work to earn income ;(

I cried days before my ger started ifc previously… i felt the separation anxiety.. though i find her crying alot at hm n me getting irritated.. i felt some part of me missing when she went sch…

Super Mum

I felt that way too, mummy! At this stage, they will still not experience separation anxiety so its better. You have to overcome yours! They will learn lots of things there too! JY mummy! Hugs!

No choice. We have to earn more to provide them. Think of the better side. He can learn more thing and know new fren

It's normal, no choice right. You have to work