FTM infant care advice

My newborn is enrolling in infant care for the first time next month. I am a FTM and I am really nervous about it. I’m going back to work so no choice baby has to go school. Will she be left to cry for a long time? Or will her diapers be soaked for too long? Or will they be rough with her? (Sry but a lot of scary news about diff preschools) These are just some of my scary thoughts 😅 Anyway any tips moms??? To prepare baby and myself/ what to look out for/ what to have on standby? Anything at all, any advice, I am very open to hear. Thank you in advance ❤️

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best to always know your child's teachers/caregivers in school. Always ask for the child's routine like diaper change, feeding time and activities. If you have a certain routine at home or tips/tricks, best that you share with your child's teacher. Teachers will follow and make the necessary adjustment to suit home + school routine/ways. Idk about your child's centre or some centre, but my child's first 3 days will be 1/2 day and I am allowed to seat in for few hours. As the ratio of teachers : baby will be very handy to handle, we can't expect 100% perfect service. They are already a handful, therefore always advice to not be petty but rather tell them your expectations and give + take. Even when it comes to shower time it is also the same too. Your child won't be left alone with soak diapers, cry too long or unattended neither is being handled rough. I am sure all centres should and must have CCTV. But we can't expect this wouldn't happen (touchwood). My #2 teachers upon dropping off would ask last shower time + change diaper + feeding time. Then, upon pick up they will inform me of feeding time, activities, shower time and anything to take note off upon picking up. I always learn to trust and if there are anything you are unsure or unsatisfied do ask the teachers. To ensure no conflicts and all are done smoothly.

Read more