Does talking to a baby while still in womb have any positive impact? Have there been studies that prove this...

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, researchers and studies say that babies do hear in the womb and it affect the baby. Like you may have heard how in Mahabharata, Abhimanyu learnt the skill of coming out of the Chkravyuhu when he was still in his mother's womb. Only at five months the foetus startles at the light blinking on mother's tummy. The baby responds to the sound of music. One can see how the baby in the womb frowns and changes expressions. Mother's emotions are for-related to a baby in the womb, which is why woman who is expecting is told to stay happy and enjoy the time. If the mother is anxious during the pregnancy, she has the tendency to give birth to a baby who is anxious. This all happens because all emotions do not pass the placenta but the stress hormones do. These stress hormones are called catecholamines. So, when the mother remains stressed often these hormones cross the placenta and frighten the developing nervous system of the baby. So, it is very important that mothers listen to good music, remain happy and eat healthy to have a positive impact on the developing baby.

Read more

based on what many medical experts say and what many research studies have suggested, there are quite a few benefits of talking to your unborn baby. it is true that your baby will not be able to hear or understand what you say, but your voice will reach your unborn baby as a vibration, which will soothe and make it feel safe. it will also help your baby connect and bond with you better, and after the birth, believe it or not, your baby will recognize it. another great way you can check this out is to talk to your unborn baby in the later stages of pregnancy, and see how your little one reciprocates with movement. i used to talk a lot about my entire day, read out aloud and even sing along during both my pregnancies. here is a link you will find useful http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20130102/babies-learn-womb#1

Read more

when you talk to your unborn baby, or even as you regularly speak, your baby gets to hear your voice as a vibration while still inside the womb. studies have proven that these vibrations keep your baby feeling secure and comforted. i think whether or not it truly helps the baby, it does help to form that very strong bond between a mother and her baby. i did it with both my babies while i was pregnant, and it did create a lot of fond memories for me :)

Read more