Burning me please help - heartburn in pregnancy

I have got indigestion issues like acid reflux. Is that mean I have got heartburn in pregnancy? Does that affect my baby in the womb, 15 weeks pregnant

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No, my gynae said it will not affect baby. In fact, it’s common among pregnant mommies, especially during 3rd trimester. I had quite a bad acid reflux in my 1st trimester and it affected my sleep so badly. Gynae prescribed me Gaviscon which had helped a lot. It subsided in my 2nd trimester, and it comes back again in my 3rd trimester. Gynae doesn’t seem to be very concern that it will affect baby but more of just discomfort for the mommy.

Read more

No won’t affect baby. Try to avoid oily food, eating small portions. So far the most effective way is to walk /move around for 10-20 mins after eating. Don’t sit down or lie down. I had heartburns twice but it stops since I do that (standing / moving around) after meals. Guess maybe it helps digestion 🤩 I am week 30 now.

Read more

My worst is during entering the third trimester! So what i did was, every night before bed intend to get myself a glass of milk to reduce the pain and it helps!

2y ago

same here, milk really seems to help

heartburn is common , try gaviscon as n when needed n avoid eating close to bed time. avoid spicy n oily fd

I was told to avoid alot of food because i have gastric issues and gynae was worried i have acid reflux

could be heartburn and no it doesn’t affect baby. it’s a totally different organ

TapFluencer

felt like i had heartburns quite often... bb not affected