Breast pump

Hi all, does KKH have breast pumps avail for after delivery(2022)? If yes, how does one ask for it? Do they have different flange sizes or just standard? Manual or electric? This will be my 2nd delivery but 1st time requesting for pump, previously gave birth in 2020, no pump was provided n was constantly asked to latch or cup feed formula

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy, I also gave birth in 2020 and back then I requested to pump so they gave me a Medela pump machine with empty bottles and flange. I forgot what size it was. They’ll also provide you with a long container to keep the items given to you. You can just pump and they’ll keep the milk for your baby to drink. You’ll be charged accordingly in your total bill. Back in 2020, I brought my own pump but was scared to use it cause afraid the nurses might see hahaha so I asked for one, and the pump machine stayed with me throughout my 1-week stay (I had complications post-delivery). At KKH, babies rooming with mummies is encouraged hence, you’ll still need to latch too. I’m not sure how much the pump and bottles cost cause my total bill size was $11k (before Govt subsidy) so everything was already included. I had my hospital insurance to cover for all my complications so I didn’t pay a single cent after my discharge. You can try and call up KKH and ask?

Read more

Hi! I have recently delivered under subsidised route in dec 2021. They automatically provided me the medela electric pump hosp grade w the flanges, storage bottles and even syringe to collect your colostrum. So far, i was not billed for any rental of the breast pump and my stay was only for 2 days 1 night.

Read more
Super Mum

Hey mama, I’ve heard you have to pay for rental. Most mamas bring their own.

2y ago

Oh isit? I'm a subsidised patient, not sure if that matters? How do I clean my pump parts then if I were to bring my own?