Low supply / breast pump

Hi mummies. I want to buy a breast pump. My 1st pregnancy my supply was low to no supply. I tried everything therefore i had to offer formula. Im thinking of trying to give breastmilk, if i have to my 2nd child. Can i know, does it means first pregnancy no supply means 2nd pregnancy will have no supply too? If not true, can recommend me a pump that is worth to buy? Or something more affordable and good for low supply mum?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not true! But again it depends on the reason why u dont have supply. If u have the means, best to consult a lactation consultant if for ur 2nd still no supply. I was told tt if 1st born low supply, 2nd born usually is more. My LC told me best remedy is to let baby latch as often as possible even if it seems there isnt any milk. Baby's suction better than pump. Sometimes low supply also can be due to baby's latching, so tt's when u may need an expert help if all else fails. I'm FTM, had supply issues at first, but it slowly increases aft I ate galactagogues and Legendairy supplements. Took me almost a month to find sth tt works for my body. It's really alot of hard work and trial and error. I'm mostly breastfeeding now but slowly giving bottle to baby for some feeds as I'll be gg to work soon. Have been using Spectra S1 for abt 2 months now and I definitely recommend it! Very good suction. Made the mistake of using Avent pump which didn't get me to yield much. I'm also using Baby Buddha when I'm outside as it's much smaller and lighter but has similar suction strength. It's more popular in US, so far I only managed to see it on Pupsik but for Spectra, many SG websites are selling them even on Shoppee.

Read more
VIP Member

Not true, I used Medela freestyle flex

Haakaa silicone breast pump

VIP Member

You can look into spectra.

TapFluencer

Try medela freestyle flex