Gestational Diabetes

Does it go away during pregnancy if I control my diet? How will it affect baby and how to control it? :(

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It will be under control if u control your diet by reducing carbo intake and cut down on sugary stuff. Go for wholemeal or brown rice and avoid fruits which are sweet like mango, watermelon etc. Drinking more water also helps to flush out excess glucose from the body. Blood glucose too high will result in baby growing at faster rate and for oversized baby, natural birth is not the option and doctor will go for c-sect in most cases.

Read more

Opt for sparkling water instead of sugary drinks, brown/low GI bread/rice instead of normal white rice/pasta/noodle, green leaves. Fruits also got fructose so eat moderately. Avoid durians. Gynae might advice to get a blood sugar prick test tool and let u be aware of your high or low glucose level. I bought mine second hand via Carousell.

Read more

If diagnosed it will not ‘go away’ during pregnancy. But most likely it will after childbirth. It will affect how big baby is, health-wise I am not sure. The bigger the baby is, gynae will advice to induce early and you might risk not carrying baby to full term.

Control your diet and cut sugary stuffs. I did that, try to replace the sugary treats with raisins or dates :)

Super Mum

Listen to doctor advice on the diet to adhere to.

Super Mum

Do more swimming or yoga safe for pregnancy?