First trimester

Does baby start to eat what we eat at week 7. Feeling so paranoid on my food intake that i barely eat anything because no appetite and bloatedness all the time.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

What you eat is converted into essential nutrients and transferred to baby via placenta, so it's not exactly the same as what we eat. It's OK to eat what you enjoy, no need to restrict too much. Happy mummy is important for baby too. The only things I would restrict are caffeine (max 1 cup coffee a day), alcohol (no alcohol at all), raw or not fully cooked food like sushi, steak, soft boiled egg. Aside from that, anything goes! I was happy and baby turned out perfect 😁

Read more
3y ago

That's OK! As long as you take multivitamins that should cover what you need. Your body will always prioritise baby, so even if you have no food to eat your body will starve you first before baby is harmed in any way (in extreme cases hahah). Eating healthy is more for your own good!

Don’t stress yourself out! I basically eat what I felt like eating on that day but avoided raw, alcohol and undercooked food. I only started taking in drinks with caffeine after my gynae told me that I can take but not too much. Try including more vegetables, fruits and fish(check which type of fish you can eat) in your diet as baby grows. But don’t forget to control your sugar & sodium intake! :)

Read more